Welcome to the NEW Daniels Middle School PTA Website! We are so excited to provide our families a place to go for everything they need to know about PTA. We want you to be involved! If there is information that you need and it’s not on here, please let us know by filling out the form on the contact tab! We look forward to working with you to make Daniels more successful every day!!
*** DANIELS MIDDLE SCHOOL NAMED AS A 2018 SCHOOL OF EXCELLENCE BY THE MAGNET SCHOOLS OF AMERICA! Daniels is one of 12 magnet schools in Wake County to receive this honor. Congratulations, Blue Jackets! Thank you to our amazing teachers, staff, parents and students for making Daniels GREAT every day!
The end of the school year is near!!
Lots of important dates to remember and exciting events to attend!
April 24th: Spring Picture Day
April 27th: DMS Junior National Beta Club Inductions, 8:45a
May 3rd: Rising 6th Grade Orientation, 6:15-7:45p
May 8th: Spring Dance Concert, 7p
May 15th: Spring Chorus Concert, 7p
May 16th: DMS Spring Sports Athletic Banquet, 6:30p
May 28th: NO SCHOOL, Memorial Day
May 29th – June 5th: End of Grade Testing (testing schedule for all grades)
May 30th: National Junior Honor Society Induction Ceremony, 7-8p
June 1st: 8th Grade Dance, 6:30-9p
June 7th: End of Year Awards Ceremony for 6th graders, 1-2p
June 7th: End of Year Awards Ceremony for 7th graders, 11:30a-12:30p
June 8th: End of Year Awards Ceremony for 8th graders, 9-11a
June 8th: End of Year Celebration for 8th graders, 12-3p
Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year at Daniels Middle School! On this website, you can find a multitude of resources to enhance your family’s experience this year!
- PTA Membership – Join today and help us attain 100% participation from our families!
- Blue Jacket Club – Join Daniels’ only booster club and provide additional support for staff development, technology, textbooks, cultural arts and athletics.
- Volunteer Signup – Consider helping with our fall fundraiser, tutoring one of our students, or serving on one of our many committees. Simply complete this volunteer survey and you will be contacted by the appropriate committee.
- Fundraising Info – DMS’ Fall Fundraiser begins on September 5th! Don’t want to sell items? Please donate online to support our school!
- DMS Calendar – Stay involved and make note of this year’s important activities and events. Next up? Curriculum Night on September 13th at 6:30pm. Walk your student’s class schedule and meet their teachers and learn more about what is happening in the classroom.
- DMS Carpool Map – Start the year off right by knowing how to navigate carpool.
- DMS Athletic Schedule – Support your DMS sports teams as they battle Martin Middle to keep the Old Raleigh Cup for another year!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We’re looking forward to a great year! We want to work with you to provide a superb learning environment for our students and staff!
Amy Fullbright, PTA President 2016-2017 & 2017-2018
Welcome our NEW Principal David Gaudet!
The PTA is proud to welcome David Gaudet as our new Daniels Middle School Principal!
Formally, the Assistant Principal at Davis Drive Middle School, Mr. Gaudet holds a Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree in Advanced Teaching from the State University of New York College at Geneseo as well as a Master’s Degree in School Administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. In addition to serving as the Assistant Principal at Davis Drive Middle, he also taught at Ligon Middle School.
Mr. Gaudet joined our Daniels Middle School family on March 1st.
Please join us in welcoming David Gaudet to Daniels! Go Blue Jackets!
Capturing Kids’ Hearts — What is this important and exciting program?
Daniels Middle School PTA proudly assisted in funding this innovative results-driven program for our school! Capturing Kids’ Hearts shows our teachers and staff how to create high-achieving centers of learning by strengthening students’ connectedness to others through enhancing healthy bonds with their teachers and establishing collaborative agreements of acceptable behavior. Capturing Kids’ Hearts is a process that is working in thousands of classrooms across the country to provide the strategy and training for teachers and administrators to achieve success in today’s classrooms. This program will help give our teachers, who are passionate about their subject & care for the welfare and success of their students, the tools they need to engage and challenge students, and raise them to a higher level of performance.
Artwork Pictured Above:
Our Cultural Arts Committee arranged for a painter to come to the Blue Jacket Jamboree. Dan Nelson spent the evening capturing the spirit of the Blue Jacket Jamboree in a fabulous painting. This piece of art is displayed in our front entryway for everyone to enjoy. If you did not get to see Dan in action painting, come by the school to see the finished masterpiece!