Welcome to the NEW Daniels Middle School PTA Website! We are so excited to provide our families a place to go for everything they need to know about PTA. We want you to be involved! If there is information that you need and it’s not on here, please let us know by filling out the form on the contact tab! We look forward to working with you to make Daniels more successful every day!!
Pre-Holiday Break TOP TEN Checklist & Reminders!
Only a few more school days until the kids are out for Holiday Break!
2) Purchase your child’s yearbook. If you aren’t sure if you have already purchased one, check this list (as of 1:45p on Thursday, December 1st). ALL orders will ONLY be taken online this year through the PTA website to avoid confusion and lost cash/checks.
3) Encourage your students to attend the Winter Dance on Friday, December 9th from 6:30-9:00pm and support our DMS basketball teams at their only 2016 home game on December 15th at 4:00pm!
4) Purchase your new Daniels Middle School Sportswear and have it delivered before the break for last minute presentsl!
5) Please help bring some cheer into the lives of several of our Daniels families in need. Please consider a donation to support our Daniels Middle School’s Family Holiday Outreach program. If you wish to have a record of your tax deductible contribution, we will supply it upon request.
6) When you shop AmazonSmile, Amazon will make a donation to Daniels Middle School PTA.
7) Student Mini-Grant Application Acceptance period ends January 6th.
8) Looking for a meaningful last minute tax deduction before December 31st, please consider supporting the DMS PTA or the DMS Blue Jacket Club. All contributions to the PTA or Blue Jacket Club are tax deductible — and invaluable for our school and students!
9) Check out our website and follow us on Twitter @daniels_pta to stay up to date on your school’s happenings!
10) Finally… Kick back and enjoy two weeks of holiday break Ahhhh….
Congrats to our Daniels Middle School Girls’ Volleyball Team on winning the 2016 Central Conference Co-Championship! GO Blue Jackets!
Rising 6th Grade and Prospective Students!
If you were unable to attend the Magnet Open House on December 1st, please contact Greg Morris, Magnet Coordinator if you have any questions about Daniels. For more information and to sign up for our 2016-2017 tours, click here.
Parent and Community Input Session for New Principal:
If you were unable to attend the session on November 21st, but would still like to provide comments on the qualities and characteristics you would like to see in our next principal, please send an email to Danny Barnes, Area Superintendent, Wake County Public Schools.
Capturing Kids’ Hearts — What is this important and exciting program?
Daniels Middle School PTA proudly assisted in funding this innovative results-driven program for our school! Capturing Kids’ Hearts shows our teachers and staff how to create high-achieving centers of learning by strengthening students’ connectedness to others through enhancing healthy bonds with their teachers and establishing collaborative agreements of acceptable behavior. Capturing Kids’ Hearts is a process that is working in thousands of classrooms across the country to provide the strategy and training for teachers and administrators to achieve success in today’s classrooms. This program will help give our teachers, who are passionate about their subject & care for the welfare and success of their students, the tools they need to engage and challenge students, and raise them to a higher level of performance.
Artwork Pictured Above:
Our Cultural Arts Committee arranged for a painter to come to the Blue Jacket Jamboree. Dan Nelson spent the evening capturing the spirit of the Blue Jacket Jamboree in a fabulous painting. This piece of art is displayed in our front entryway for everyone to enjoy. If you did not get to see Dan in action painting, come by the school to see the finished masterpiece!